Today we had Rev Joby achen who is student Chaplin in Chennai as the guest speaker.Achen gave a very meaningful message on human worries and anxieties and the way out of it through word of God.
There are three major factor which leads to anxiety
In today’s fast moving world each one of us are constantly under the grip of any one or all of the above mentioned factors.
But word of God clearly shows us the way to ward of anxiety. The word of God says in Mathew 6:25-31
25 .Therefore I say to you don’t worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink nor about your body what you will put on .Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
26 .Look at the birds of the air for they neither sows nor reaps nor gathers in barns yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you of not of more value than they.
27. Which of you by worrying can add a cubit to his stature?
28. So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field how they grow they neither toil nor spin.
29. And yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
31. Therefore don’t worry saying what shall we eat? What shall we drink? Or what shall we wear?
32. For all these things the gentile’s seek. For your heavenly father knows that you need all these things.
33. But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.
Though worry and anxiety are an indispensible part of our life, it is in a way a factor which drives us every day to perform. God does not except us to sit with hands closed, but take up responsibility without lamenting.
If we have a great relationship with God through prayer and have total submission to the will of God, we just need to do our responsibility as excepted by us and God will work through us and bring perfection in all that we do.
Some thoughts put forth by our youth member were as follows.
· One of our youth members said about the great emphasis given to Yoga as a stress buster. So during the discussion the view that was put forth was that
Yoga is akin to our prayer where we try connecting with the almighty, which our forefathers religiously followed through family prayer in morning and evening .But today we hardly find such time to kneel before God and pray.
All we need to do is understand the priorities in our life and keep aside a good amount of time to strengthen our relationship with our creator and everything else would fall in place.